SCANITY is a film scanner that offers unprecedented speed, versatility, stability, and safe film handling. It serves a variety of scanning applications including, dailies, feature film mastering, EDL/conform scanning, low resolution browsing, archive and restoration, short-form commercials, as well as digital intermediate scanning.
High Speed Imaging - Continuous transport using capstan
- 15 fps @ 4K
- 25 fps @ 2K
- 44 fps @ 1K
- 69 fps @ 0,5K
- 96 fps @ 0,25K
SCANITY uses unique Time Delay Integration (TDI) line sensor technology, and dedicated FPGA image processing to deliver record-setting high-speed film scanning – all while handling film gently and safely.
Versatile and Flexible Scanner
SCANITY is an incredibly versatile and flexible scanner that serves a multitude of scanning applications.
Gentle and Safe Film Handling
SCANITY uses a completely new and uniquely designed Roller Gate in the scanning area of the film path. This method is the most gentle way to transport and scan the film, and besides from the rollers, there are no mechanical parts.
Stability and Steadiness
SCANITY provides touch-free pin registration rather than mechanical pins to ensure excellent image steadiness.
Low Operational Expenses
SCANITY uses efficient LED light sources, dedicated hardware processors, as well as fewer and less expensive third party components. This lowers initial costs as well as operational expenses.
- High speed scanning 15 fps @ 4K; 25 fps @ 2K; 44 fps @ 1K; 69 fps @ 0,5K; 96 fps @ 0,25K (depending on hardware) full list of speeds
- High quality multi-format film scanner that offers unprecedented speed, versatility, stability, and safe film handling
- Versatile multi-application scanner - EDL/conform scanning, dailies, low resolution browsing, and highly suited for restoration and archiving, commercials and ‘videolike‘ applications
- Customized high resolution optics – capable of resolving 8K equivalent image details
- Time Delay Integration (TDI) sensor technology for extremely fast and sensitive film scans – over 4300 horizontal active pixels, 96 TDI lines, 6ì pixel size
- Independent from frame height – film frame aspect ratio is matched by the numbers of lines
- LED light sources with optimized spectral wavelengths, specifically designed for a variety of film stocks
- Precision Roller Gate avoids mechanical stress and risk and provides unparalleled smooth and safe film handling
- Even shrunken film can be scanned and the shrinkage is continuously measured and displayed
- Continuous motion capstan film transport
- Optical Perforation Scanning for touch-free Pin Registration
- Highly integrated, dedicated, and fast spatial image processing manages content scaling and formatting, now including individually variable zooming in and out
- Dirt and scratch handling capabilities with diffuse illumination and IR channel, capable of dirt map generation for internal and external processing without limitation on scanning speed
- Audio Scanning in conjunction with 25 FPS scanning speed for optical analog sound tracks on 35mm and 16mm films and magnetic sound tracks on 16mm film Audio Scanning Datasheet
- Batch processing and background rendering generates a second set of files with image modifications; grain reduction, contour correction and softening, color space conversion, size changes and generation of a wide range of output formats
- Long LED life provides stable and cost-effective illumination solution
- Integrates seamlessly with Bones post production software tools