Team Lead R&D Processing and Software Film Scanners (m/f/d) – Chennai, India
Digital Film Technology GmbH (DFT), headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany, develops and manufactures world leading scanners for the digitization of film. Our scanners are used by well-known film studios, such as Warner Brothers, Disney, Sony Pictures or Universal Studios, as well as major media archives like Bundesarchiv, Germany, or Library of Congress, USA. Our products are the gold standard in film digitization and have been awarded multiple prizes including Emmy and Oscar.
For our R&D team located in Chennai, India, we are looking for a new
Team Lead R&D Processing and Software Film Scanners (m/f/d).
In this exciting role you will be responsible for an interdisciplinary team of competent experts and take substantial stake in build-up and development of the team. You are hands-on to evaluate, design and implement hard- and software concepts for our film scanners with your local team and work in close collaboration with the R&D department in our German headquarter. You are reporting directly to the global head of R&D.
As an experienced expert in high performance data processing and well knowledge of image processing you manage complex strategic projects as well as specific high priority development tasks. You will be supported by a motivated and competent local team as well as experienced international experts.
Who you are:
- BE / B.Tech degree in electrical / electronics engineering or computer science, masters would be added advantage
- Qualified engineer who has sound experience in mechatronic engineering activities
- Multiple years of experience including responsibility in electronics, software design, hardware design, imaging projects
- C/C++ programming with experience in PC, GPU and embedded software systems
- Solid in-depth knowledge of microcontroller peripherals, hands on development with cameras, sensors or other visions systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, decision making, high integrity
- Team spirit, respectful and appreciative attitude
- Problem solving skills
- Involvement in complete SDLC activities coding, documentation and testing
- Ability to efficiently develop and maintain engineering documents
- Drive for results, innovative spirit, quick intellectual grasp
- Distinctive quality mindset
The most important thing: You are a film enthusiast and are keen on complex data processing and mechatronic systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Management and execution of projects in all stages of product development
- Lead, development and motivation of the Chennai-based Processing R&D team
- Management of and cooperation with external partners
- Participate in design reviews
- Budget and resource planning with respect to time, cost and quality targets
- Implementation and optimization of R&D processes as well as cost and time controlling
- Point of contact for general management, direct report to head of R&D
What we offer to you:
- Film scanning is in our DNA. You will be working with high-end technology at a company that is the market leader.
- We offer a dynamic environment that allows you to change things and also keeps you in motion.
- You will be leading a local team of experts and work closely with your German colleagues.
- Innovating projects, unbureaucratic organization, quick decision-making
- Excellent future perspectives
We are looking forward to your complete application including resume, motivation letter and credentials.
Please send your application via email (pdf attachments only) to: email@example.com.